Wednesday, November 6, 2013

New Real-Time Strategy Game

I've been working on a real-time strategy game for the last while. I've kept it quiet until now, but it is getting to the point where I actually have something worthwhile to show. It is still in the very early stages, but here are a few screenshots of what it is looking like so far. I have developed a mini-map but disabled it for these screenshots.

I've decided to go the open source route and so will be releasing the source code for the game eventually (I'll only be releasing the C# code itself, not the content).

I'll probably talk about the development of the game in a separate blog post later.

Note: some of the art content is just placeholder art that I threw in to make what was initially just a fun AI experiment easier on the eye. I just realized that it's about time to replace it (I have acquired 3D models and have a friend working on more, just need to put them in). Rather silly of me not to think of that before posting screenshots.

Edit: I have modified the screenshots and blurred out the art that I know I'll have to replace. I'll post updated screenshots at a later stage.